The Chosen One, 11 Window 65 Bare Metal resto For Sale

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Glasurit
DSKer

The Chosen One, 11 Window 65 Bare Metal resto For Sale

Post by Glasurit »

Hey Guys

After much deliberation, the chosen bus has been selected and the huge job begins.

The final shape the bus will take is still in negotiation, but it will be in keeping with the classic lines of the essence that is the Splity, but with many modern touches and improvements, more on that as they develop.

Below are some pics of the Bus when I recieved it, and some of the dodgy, and I mean DODGY repairs that were done prior to me getting the bus, things like nearly 3 inches of bog over paint in the dent on the RH rear corner panel, the rear wheel arches that have been attached back onto the bus in a very poor manner resulting in severe oil canning of the 1/4 then again bog over paint, and the oil canning still there. Just how any one was going to be able to rub that down is beyond me!!!!.
I dont know who i am mader at, the person who cut the wheel arches out in the first place or the person who tried to re-attach them?
AND THEN THERE IS THE ROOF, the roof has no, and I mean NO RUST around the gutters, but some one in their infinate wisdom decided to fit a camper roof, why you would is beyond me, but each to their own, but the poor fitment of the roof has meant that where the top met the roof it has rubber through the paint and created rust, which has then made holes ,......but to add insult to injury some one has then tried to weld a section in, using what looks to be an ARC welder and 2mm strips of metal..... , but I was aware that the roof was bad before I bought it, so that is not an issue, just gives me more reason to do what I really wanted and install a slide back sun roof.
Last edited by Glasurit on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
tombi (aka type2tommy)
DSKer

Post by tombi (aka type2tommy) »

PIC"S PIC"S PIC"S PIC"S

Please.
GFresh
DSKer

pics

Post by GFresh »

tombi (aka type2tommy) wrote:PIC"S PIC"S PIC"S PIC"S

Please.
I agree, pictures tell a 1000 words, and who can be bothered typing that much, sounds like you are going to make good use of a screwed roof, good :idea:
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

Not bad.....not bad at all.
Straighter than it looked.
Good starter there.
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
Glasurit
DSKer

Post by Glasurit »

kombi1976 wrote:Not bad.....not bad at all.
Straighter than it looked.
Good starter there.
Cheers

Unfortunately it was attacked at some time by some one with "Spogy Patch" syndrome, ie cut out a patch and spogy shit weld it in place, straight over the holes or rust, so that means there is a few unexpected repairs in areas that looked ok with paint over them, but thats all good, I want it done right so it will be out with the grinder soon and a cutting I shall go!

Its called therapy!!!!

Cheers

Jon
Dutchy
DSKer

Post by Dutchy »

oops deleted from my machine
Last edited by Dutchy on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

Can't see the pic, Dutchy.
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
1963 Empi Radar
DSKer

Post by 1963 Empi Radar »

looking good 8)
Glasurit
DSKer

Post by Glasurit »

Ok time for an update.

The bus is in Epoxy primer, and back home ready for work to begin.

I have bought the first engine for the project, I say first as I wont promise it will be the only, I got it home today and am very happy with it, it is an EFI twin port 1600 with a mild cam in it, and will be adding an SC14 Supercharger which will arrive next week, it also came with another swing axle gearbox which means I have a spare now with is perfect as I have 2 bus's that need to be lowered.

All I need to do is to clear some other buses and I might have some cash to start buying the parts I need to move it along as quickly as I want to.

Cheers
Jon
Glasurit
DSKer

Post by Glasurit »

:( See for sale section