Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

This better be at Valla, no excuses andy, baby and all in the pmg at valla
wohoo
DSKer

Post by wohoo »

nah, not going to valla, still done jack shit on the PMG, air ride set up arrives in a month or so, once Daveo finishes his Ute the PMG is booked in for the rotissirie, big plans,!

andy
They laugh because You are different, You laugh because They are all the same.
...................Image.....

Need Towing in Tassie, See www.tigertowing.com.au or call 0400 16 14 12
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

lazy git...
invite me to tassy, and ill drink your beer and watch
wohoo
DSKer

Post by wohoo »

To my freind Bruce

Please come to Tassie and drink my beer!

RSVP 01.06.06

Andy

kroozzn62
DSKer

Post by kroozzn62 »

shes a beauty , how much for dropped ball joint spindles ? ha ha i think i need to find a spot light of a fuggin 1934 ufo to win, the i have the rarest bestest condition spot light.
i will split again
bally
DSKer

Post by bally »

volksfolks wrote:more pix
My PMG bus has the same aluminium strip on the rear hatch - what is that for? Something to do with the ladders maybe?

I also have the holes on the left side for.... I'm not sure what they are for. Any suggestions?

I'm going for a mild custom job but in the spirit of it's PMG history. Where can I get the PMg logos from - mine are long gone unfortunately.

Any help on authenticity will be greatfully received. Hopefully I've attached some pictures of my PMG bus...

Cheers,

Dave
Attachments
Rear_view.JPG
Rear_view.JPG (95.85 KiB) Viewed 713 times
Rear_holes.JPG
Rear_holes.JPG (13.43 KiB) Viewed 713 times
front_holes.JPG
front_holes.JPG (15.09 KiB) Viewed 1954 times
bally
DSKer

Post by bally »

bally wrote:
volksfolks wrote:more pix
My PMG bus has the same aluminium strip on the rear hatch - what is that for? Something to do with the ladders maybe?

I also have the holes on the left side for.... I'm not sure what they are for. Any suggestions?

I'm going for a mild custom job but in the spirit of it's PMG history. Where can I get the PMg logos from - mine are long gone unfortunately.

Any help on authenticity will be greatfully received. Hopefully I've attached some pictures of my PMG bus...

Cheers,

Dave
I'm still after answers to the above questions. I was also thinking the PMG logo should be on the rear upper panel, but this one shows them on the door - which is correct for '59?

Cheers,

Dave
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

i always thought they where on the doors, im no expert.. also have made some pmg logos.. in vinyl, they where originally sign written on of course.. here is a mini one on on my tool box... can make more if you like..
Attachments
pmg-P9010021.JPG
pmg-P9010021.JPG (31.24 KiB) Viewed 617 times
splitsaviour
DSKer

PMG Panel

Post by splitsaviour »

Hi answers to a couple of your questions PMG logo's were only on the front doors in a gold colour. The aluminium strip on the tail gate hatch acts as a drip rail for when the door is open and it is raining, this catches and diverts rain water so it does not run into the back of the van when the technician is under there working or looking through the shelving.
bally
DSKer

Post by bally »

warb wrote:i always thought they where on the doors, im no expert.. also have made some pmg logos.. in vinyl, they where originally sign written on of course.. here is a mini one on on my tool box... can make more if you like..
Thanks Warb - your logos look good - are they period correct for type face, gold with a shadow I believe and the correct size - they look good on your tool box, but again, I'm no expert - I'm learning here!

How much would a set cost me?

Cheers,

Dave
bally
DSKer

Re: PMG Panel

Post by bally »

splitsaviour wrote:Hi answers to a couple of your questions PMG logo's were only on the front doors in a gold colour. The aluminium strip on the tail gate hatch acts as a drip rail for when the door is open and it is raining, this catches and diverts rain water so it does not run into the back of the van when the technician is under there working or looking through the shelving.
Thanks Splitsaviour. I thought they were on the doors - then I found these two pictures which confused me, both are from around '59.

Thanks for the heads up on the aluminium strip - that explains why they are all upside down!

Cheers,

Dave
Attachments
Not a Split, but still genuine PMg logo
Not a Split, but still genuine PMg logo
PMG logo.jpg (30.34 KiB) Viewed 570 times
From the DSK website - '59 I believe
From the DSK website - '59 I believe
Logo1.jpg (23.36 KiB) Viewed 1811 times
wohoo
DSKer

Post by wohoo »

nice old photo i have, cant see logos i am afraid, but you can see the ladder config..
Attachments
pmgworx.JPG
pmgworx.JPG (51.69 KiB) Viewed 546 times

bally
DSKer

Post by bally »

volksfolks wrote:nice old photo i have, cant see logos i am afraid, but you can see the ladder config..
What an excellent photo.

I'd assumed the ladder would be horizontal - I hadn't considered it being vertical. Any details of how the brackets looked? I'm not sure I would get the van in my garage with a ladder on like that.

I was thinking of maybe putting a long board on similarly located brackets.

Cheers,

Dave
perthpanel
DSKer

Post by perthpanel »

Hey Bally I've just returned to The mother land and shipping my very red 62 panel over too , think mine is a n old PMGER too , good luck with yr resto 8)
62 panel
bally
DSKer

Post by bally »

perthpanel wrote:Hey Bally I've just returned to The mother land and shipping my very red 62 panel over too , think mine is a n old PMGER too , good luck with yr resto 8)
Where have you returned to? Maybe next year when mines on the road we should get togehter and have a PMG appreciation society Northern Hemisphere chapter. I know of one other here - there are probably more.

Cheers,

Dave