Driving after 23years of sitting and Painted!!!

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

1963 Empi Radar
DSKer

Post by 1963 Empi Radar »

It is a really hard decision to make, i know that! But im doing what i think is right. At this stage i think that what im doing is fine and despite all these comments the fact is that i own it and i have chosen with my fathers full support to sell her on and eventually buy that split that will be exactly what i want. Not what turned up.
1963 Empi Radar
DSKer

So the fact of the matter is, if i buy a split cheap, spend quite a few $$$$ on it and sell it, its wrong? I never ripped the previous owner off, he was pleased to see it gone really. I totally understand what your saying, if someone here had offered me a split cheap i would not be doing that bty selling it for more, but you have to understand i have actually done work to this and i have made it with my father quite a lot better than it was, so that in itself shows that i have not ripped anyone off, nor used up any of my good luck.
1963 Empi Radar
DSKer

And really no1 here helped me find a split, i found it myself after quite a long bike ride.
Penguin
DSKer

Post by Penguin »

Shouldn't you be at school?
dmb
Mod

Post by dmb »

1963 Empi Radar wrote: I totally understand what your saying
i don't think you do.

go back and re read the posts in this thread
Squat, place chin on chest, tuck head and tip forward, shoulders connect with ground and back follows through, legs go over the top and feet land on the ground. That's how I roll!
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

I agree, at 14 and doing this for your education, then you ought to be at school, or off dsk and actually doing some school work...
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

haha, im at school, and im marking and writing reports, haha
frenzix
DSKer

Post by frenzix »

your all bullys, he's 14 give the kid a break. At 14 I was still wetting my bed and masturbating over my english teacher (for anyone that went to Northmead High it was Miss Green) Let's lighten up.. we don't need to tell him what to do, i'm sure his dad has the main say in it anyway. What goes around comes around, if it's dodgy then it will come back on him.. It's a small community in splitsland
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

1963 Empi Radar wrote:At this stage i think that what im doing is fine and despite all these comments the fact is that i own it and i have chosen with my fathers full support to sell her on and eventually buy that split that will be exactly what i want. Not what turned up.
I think somewhere you have missed something.
Splits don't turn up cheap after every long bike ride.
Like Byronbus I also am marking and writing reports and in my vast experience of 14 yr olds few have full grip of the facts.
What turned up is what most of us have to take these days in terms of buses.
Even with a hefty bank balance you're unlikely to land exactly what you want.
Why have I got a set of '66 Microbus doors to put on my '67 Panel?
Because buses are rare and getting rarer and we make do.
Do you think they won't appreciate even more in the time it takes you to get your licence?
And you'll start out behind without a Kombi to trade or to sell at comparative value to your prefered model.
There are numerous things that in hindsight I wished I hadn't done when I was a teenager.
Let's hope this won't rate up there among yours.
If you really are selling it to pay for your education do exactly that, because by the time you're able to drive them you'll need a good job to be able to afford one.
Remember, there are plenty of people like you hiking the price up and selling out of the country right now.
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
IN2VWS
DSKer

Post by IN2VWS »

Like kombi 1976 said....
If you are really going to spend the money on your education....then go for it. .......But if thats bullshit, then think about this.
I had a friend that had a house with a mortgage many years ago. At that time he decided to sell his house, pay off his mortgage and rent. He thought that he could save more money and buy a better house later on. But guess what....the price of houses kept going up (just like splits). Now he can't afford a house, and the money he had, has been pissed against a wall, gone.

Its the same with splits, don't sell it until you find another vehicle to jump into.
Love is like a fart,
If you have to force it, it's probably shit.
Penguin
DSKer

Post by Penguin »

Byronbus wrote:

Then kombi 1976 wrote:
Like Byronbus I also am marking and writing reports

And Frenzix:
At 14 I was still wetting my bed and masturbating over my english teacher

Is there some connection here?':oops:'

All jokes aside, I think the boy has copped enough of a grilling. At the end of the day it's his bus and he can do with it as he pleases.
kombi_maniac
DSKer

Post by kombi_maniac »

ohhh thats a good one Penguin..

I also found Bobs little foot notes hilarious..

Look, I recon a 14 year old boy thats obbsessed by money already, needs to be educated...

Hey Kid, what ever you do dont drop out of school now and go work in that pulp mill down there or you might get linched..or was that an un-Australian thing to say? Better to sell kombis to the Poms than trees to the Japanese though i supose (is that how you spell japanese?, shit maybe i should go back to school..)

ash

p.s. i know enoughs enough an all, but i coulnt resist putting in my 2 cents...no hard feelings little mate, good luck with it all..
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

Penguin wrote:Byronbus wrote:

Then kombi 1976 wrote:
Like Byronbus I also am marking and writing reports

And Frenzix:
At 14 I was still wetting my bed and masturbating over my english teacher

Is there some connection here?':oops:'
I'd like to put such speculation to rest right now.
I don't wet my bed......well, not very often. :(
Additionally I have no unhealthy obsession about any of the English teachers at our school.
Mind you, there's good sort on the Social Science staff and another in Home Ec. :wink: :mrgreen:
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
volma1
DSKer

Will's Bus

Post by volma1 »

I've never read so much shit from jealous vw (enthusiasts if we can use that term loosely). Bid on ebay for it or shut up. He deserves to get as much $wise as he can. I know the background behind the whole saga and as Will explained, to those without ears, I told him it would be a shame to leave it sitting for 3 more years till he had a licence, rotting away outside. So go, like Will, and get on your bike and look for your own project. Maybe your fathers are wealthy enough to do as Will's battled to do and restore one while spending time together. Finally put away the claws and stop acting like little girls. volma1
PS has anyone got a cheap splitty for sale on here, pretty quiet out there.
volma1
IN2VWS
DSKer

Post by IN2VWS »

Its got nothing to do with jealousy at all. Its more to do with the bullshit we were fed.
If the kombi had been "restored" properly, it would'nt have been sitting idle for 3 years. It would have taken 3 years to restore, not the 6 weeks to blow over a coat of paint and get her rolling.

I don't have a problem with people selling kombis and making good money. People do it all the time. Its just what we were told was different to what is happening now.

But, it is his kombi, he can do as he pleases with it. Obviously the family is not very well off, and he has to pay for his own education. I can't knock him for that.
Love is like a fart,
If you have to force it, it's probably shit.