61 dual cab now with ej20t

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

FrankenCab
DSKer

Post by FrankenCab »

And yep motor runs just waiting on me to finish exhaust and hooking up cooling system. And a high torque starter, go figure the stock beetle starter in my type 3 can spin the subi motor but the 2ltr starter struggles to start it . Identical motors ej20t out of 92 legacy .
travellinbob
DSKer

Post by travellinbob »

more photos!!!! i know yu have been busy with it!
come on, show us what is happening?
cheers, michael.
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

travellinbob wrote:more photos!!!! i know yu have been busy with it!
come on, show us what is happening?
cheers, michael.
Ditto! :D
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
FrankenCab
DSKer

Post by FrankenCab »

think i missed some pics but heres some from weekend. been working on the gates getting them ready for primer and hopefully have it rolling by the weekend , just got to sort chassis bits and small sections under wheel wells and i can put beam in floor wont be in just to show how bay steering conversion was done and how much metal was missing from the front
Attachments
61 front 3 1st coat.JPG
61 front 3 1st coat.JPG (39.33 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
61 front 2.JPG
61 front 2.JPG (45.04 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
61 front 1.JPG
61 front 1.JPG (31.04 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
VWFREAK
DSKer

Post by VWFREAK »

Great stuff, coming together nicely. I'm toying with the same conversion on my dual cab, we''ll have to talk at the Berry.

Catcha
Peter
travellinbob
DSKer

Post by travellinbob »

just cover the primer grey with gloss and drive it!!!
looks nothing like when i owned it, thats for sure.
top work buddy.
frenzix
DSKer

Post by frenzix »

hoohaa.. nice one
FrankenCab
DSKer

Post by FrankenCab »

the idea of laying no bog at all in the car and spraying over etch primer with satin clear coat is getting stuck in my head. will leave the roof white for the moment as travellinbob knows what lurks beneath the kilos of bog.
been cracking the whip on this now for the past 4 weeks so i can get it to the berry show " Blast from the Past " this sunday , in a respectable cond ie looking like a truck, Will hopefully get picks up tommorow out of the shed.
travellinbob
DSKer

Post by travellinbob »

aaaaaah yes the roof............... good luck withthat one. maybe find a repair section. please send us or post up loads of pics from the berry show. wish i could be there for a laugh.
cheers, michael.
kombi_kid
DSKer

Post by kombi_kid »

update on this klaus?
if it aint broken turbo charge it!
travellinbob
DSKer

Post by travellinbob »

hey klaus hows about starting up a thread about the panel you have? need some photos of it.
cheers, michael.
Volksaddict
DSKer

Post by Volksaddict »

Youve been busy Klaus..more pics please
Cheers and Beers rayv
ozjeff
DSKer

Post by ozjeff »

Yeah klaus get the pics of the panel up, I have heard its close to finish.
VWFREAK
DSKer

Post by VWFREAK »

Less drink'n more pics Klaus.
FrankenCab
DSKer

Post by FrankenCab »

yes yes panel pics soon wanted to get back yard cleaned up a bit first , had to wreck a lowlight to get sections needed for panel , and was waiting for some steel from george ( autocraft sills very nice), have been making straight axle kit and toying with what to do with front end , flip spindles on narrowed beam or steal ball joint 4inch narrowed beam out of dual cab or make another narrowed ball joint beam with discs and wide 5 adapter plates plus I have some dropped ball joint spindles on order ( for shows only of course) . the panel is the one dutchy was selling for dave , good bus just has crappy bits missing or rusted , but now have sections to fix hope to have it regoed soon. undecide on engine as I have a few options , stock 1600 tp, 1800 t4 , 2ltr t4 (been getting balanced for a year now) or build a 1916 with injection its going to be hard to match performance of type3 ej20t that i currently use daily .
Havent done a thing to dual cab since berry show , gotta contact elton for next gerson order as a tray bed is needed and tray divider aswell , if anyone has these that they arent using let me know pls.