theee ol gun

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

yeah its what has kept me going the last few months

after all the welding was done i got it of the rotissary and down closer to the ground on some jack stands. i then rewired it from scratch...with a few mods here and there,indicators in headlights and externals on rear bar (yet to fit up) and instead of the decklid only brake light ran duel filiment bulbs on parkers so all 3 light up now. and a cd player up in the airvent

splitwannabe
DSKer

Post by splitwannabe »

more pics dammit man!!
love it ;)
splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

Some nice work there Scott 8)
Mike |o\*/o| 55 11 Window

I don't have a bucket list I have a fu#kit list a mile long
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

Saw this today, a few of us (7 splits) went for a welcome cruise for scotty, very nice bus scott, looks tops...
resol
DSKer

Post by resol »

Had the privlege of having a ride in thid bus last Thursday for a surf and back!!
Safaris up and the wind in our face..... Awesome, awesome, awesome :D

Great job Scotty....!!!!!!!!!
Ive been watching Scott for a few months & all I can say is shit he has done a TOP job & has put a TRUCK load of hours in that shed... Brilliant M8!!

A big thumbs up to ya!!!!!
71 Lowie Dlx "Chubby"
CRUISE TIL YA BUTTS BRUISE :)
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

thanks guys

just wish i had of done this before i washed my camera in the washing machine so i had more pics haha.

today was awsome,great to meet the rest of the byron crew i hadnt meet.looking forward to nimbin madigrass meet now.
Bruce throw up a pic if you have a good one, this is the best i had with my shit camera.
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

after i did the wiring i was still chasing up parts to lower it.welded in adjusters and gerneyed the shit out of the beam..painted.re greased and put back together

bolted in a strait axle kit from burnie, with the type 3 box (looking back now i would probably go adjustable spring plates for ease of going lower now on)

fitted a bay tank
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

bought a bunch more gear from the usa,
fited all new metal brake lines,rubbers,new wheel cyl all round,new pads,had drums machined,new master

replaced all window rubbers after chasing down glass,had some safari glass cut up from obriens at 50 a peice.

all new door seals,hatch rubbers,engine rubbers

replaced all door handles with lockable ones

scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

had the rims blasted and painted them up white on front black on rear to match the underneath,sprayed up the drums while i was at it

had some new rubber fitted
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

while the motor i pulled out of a beetle i bought was getting some work done (reconditioned 1600tp with a few problem from a shitty mechanic) i made up templates for pritty much all the trim panels and screwed them on as im yet to decide what to cover it with

this is the only pic i have, after this i cut out and threw a pair of kicker 6x9s in for the tunes.
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

i applied a few coats of brush on s/p to the front floor and rear before i got some top of the line marine (looks like normal car carpet) and layed it out on the rear engine hatch rear floor and trickly made one peice for the front floor

scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

after sitting in the workshop for 3 months and all the grinding it was covered in shit and i was having trouble with the motor still so pushed the buss outside for a wash, then raised the front (for now as it was easier that dropping rear and was woried about passing a rwc)

scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

finaly got the motor sorted out and fitted in nice, wasnt to keen on the gt 4 tip and since i had the rear bar there was going to modify the tips to come out the side but a nice empi came up cheap local, so i fitted that on with a lot of trouble.....had to cut the tip and bend it down so it came out below the bar not shoot strait at it.

i fitted on the rear bar, went for a few test runs to bed in the brakes and check over the buss to make sure it was good for a rwc..

a few days later i really wanted to get rego and just called all the local mechanics and mobile rwc untill i found one i could get done that day, drove the bus home with my ctp hoping it would pass and i could get rego

passed no dramas, got rego and have enjoyed cloking well over 500 kms in 4 days

hopefully we have a good day tomorrow and ill go get some pics with a mates camera.

still have plenty to do and will post up here now.
baykruzer
DSKer

Post by baykruzer »

Yeah buddy.......... :D
I'm heading down the coast for a wave early so I might swing by your place on my way back through to check it out.
GLEN

1962 11 window project
viewtopic.php?t=8698

CHECK OUT ......... www.kustomkombi.com