theee ol gun

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

scotty*85vw wrote:well the middle pic gives it a way a fair bit...
more than welcome Mike would save me paying for a bird sitter :)
So yours is the red van, right, Scotty
Mike |o\*/o| 55 11 Window

I don't have a bucket list I have a fu#kit list a mile long
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

yeah and it will be in the car port downstars with my unit number above it :lol: :lol:
resol
DSKer

Post by resol »

scotty*85vw wrote:yeah and it will be in the car port downstars with my unit number above it :lol: :lol:
With the key in it!!!! :lol: :lol:
71 Lowie Dlx "Chubby"
CRUISE TIL YA BUTTS BRUISE :)
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

.....am guessing that it was your white kombi i could spy over the timber fence on the n/e side of the park on my way past.

and if i had insurance they key woulda been in it, cant aford rego for it in 2 weeks atm anyway :lol:
splitwannabe
DSKer

Post by splitwannabe »

what have we here?

well, the first 2 are my fathers kombi, just because they where there, and the bottom left is the view from your deck in 1976. betcha thought you where the first with a kombi there? and bottom right is my mother in your kitchen, again, 1976, or there abouts. (i guess its more her kitchen.. she was there first, dems da rulesz! ;) )
splitwannabe
DSKer

Post by splitwannabe »

uhhh gotta look for some more of the inside..
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

nice one, love em!..
splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

scotty*85vw wrote:.....am guessing that it was your white kombi i could spy over the timber fence on the n/e side of the park on my way past.

and if i had insurance they key woulda been in it, cant aford rego for it in 2 weeks atm anyway :lol:
yep sure was, got your horn toot, was doing a tappet adjustment at the time, guess you where on your way to Byron
Mike |o\*/o| 55 11 Window

I don't have a bucket list I have a fu#kit list a mile long
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

ha ha nice one mike.sure was, of to blues fest...my bus has seen more of northern nsw than it has of the coast

and Nick fill the folks in hey, its pritty incerdibale stuff

i first started talking to nick when he was interested in my split i had for sale, turned out we are both young painters and had vws in common so have keept in touch.....i offered my spare room for him and his gfriend to stay in when they came down for madigrass...

anyway seems when he told his mum were he stayed she new my street name....and the unit..cause it turns out she lived her in the 70's and the spare room he stayed in, it was his mums....it still seems pritty unreal, it was only earlyer that day i was saying how its funny to always see the same people around when there is so many units/houses in my local area not to mention the whole over crowded coast :lol:

and nick you owe me a old stinky throw rug :lol: you criminal

my third speedo cable is broken, as well as my needle on my cluster, anyone have any for sale or can they be fixed???
splitwannabe
DSKer

Post by splitwannabe »

haha yeah. she and her friend lived in that same unit in the 70s. funny stuff :)

i dono know much about anything, but i would think it would be able to be fixed, it would just take a fair bit of fucking around... but like i say, i dono much about anything :lol: ill make another order from cip soon, and ill get you 2 speedo cables?
resinmonkey
DSKer

Post by resinmonkey »

hey scotty

josh may have some spare bits and pieces - otherwise there is a guy on avd that offers cheap speedo rebuilds/repair- he quoted me $65 for refurb on my last bus - dylan his name i think
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

cheers chris, already msgd josh, brian said he thinks he has one so will wait to here about that, but for that price looks like ill have a chat to old mate aswell.
splitwannabe
DSKer

Post by splitwannabe »

yeah man changed my mind on buying more parts from cip. had a look at my bank balance and yeah......gonna save for a bit more haha :( :( :(
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

well add a headlight switch to the list! the list that never ends.....spent a few hours looking over wires and checking grounds...turns out that the switch isnt throwing out the power for the park light..ha ha,thanks for telling me but.

btw, hurry up with that dvd, and send me a pic of the $5 trick or tell me how to do it.
resol
DSKer

Post by resol »

I possibly have a speedo tO Scotty, give me a tingle to have a look
71 Lowie Dlx "Chubby"
CRUISE TIL YA BUTTS BRUISE :)