theee ol gun

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

splitwannabe
DSKer

Post by splitwannabe »

yeah man ill try to burn it right now, woudlnt think itd have any...uh.. security on it aha. as for my trickery, i will have to show you in person next time im down there, you know, to build the suspense :D
yeah, i thought it was odd that it had no rear lights, but me, being the retard i am, figured that maybe because its old they didnt have them? haha
splitwannabe
DSKer

Post by splitwannabe »

well, what do ya know, it worked fine. ill post your dirty old cockroach herpes throw rug and dvd on monday. haha. you'll probably get aids from it.
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

like i said i had my aids shot before you came down incase its contages by air

dont send that rug its a waste of money, i might be up your way soon maby anyway (i know iv said it a few times before) but iv got one tafe modual to do then im signed of and officialy unemployed :lol:
splitwannabe
DSKer

Post by splitwannabe »

LOL what a bright out look on life there mate. yeah ok, ill just send your dvd then. this week is gonna be a big one i hope. want to get alot done on the kombi!!! :D
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

still waiting nick

but in the meen time i hooked up with this chick the otherday and she turned out to be a phototaker :lol: so here a few of alot of shots.

really want to level out rear camber so need to drop it a bit more..anyone now how many splines depending on tyres to get what????

scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
baykruzer
DSKer

Post by baykruzer »

Cool pics mate
GLEN

1962 11 window project
viewtopic.php?t=8698

CHECK OUT ......... www.kustomkombi.com
splitwannabe
DSKer

Post by splitwannabe »

i liked the 1st pic best, there cool ey. have you got the vid yet? some real choice tips if you wanna get into the dangerous game of week growing ahaha
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

growing week, nah i dont want the week to be longer... shorter, and thanks for telling the world.yeah got it last night, watched it and already relised why it wasnt working, that guy is soo funny what a classic.....yeah fuck the system.hahaha

still waiting for a few things from cip, the axle seal leak is making the wheel dirty so maby fix it this weekend...and finish recoing the other steering box to put in, the play is starting to get crasy now about 6inches before it hits :o :lol:

resol
DSKer

Post by resol »

Looking good Scotty
Saw you heading north Sunday Morning on the goldie hwy. Gun looks sweet as driving passed!!!

Havent catch up for a while, hope all is well??
Cheers
71 Lowie Dlx "Chubby"
CRUISE TIL YA BUTTS BRUISE :)
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

hey Grant, just msgd on ratso thread yeah pritty streesed but nealy there now :lol: :lol:
Leroy
DSKer

Post by Leroy »

Looking sweet mate 8)
splitwannabe
DSKer

Post by splitwannabe »

shit yeah thats a nice picture :D

hey man, we all went to nimbin, and im sure everyone came away with something..... like the guy next to me who bought what i would call a weed bible, obviously he was right into the shit haha
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

thought id post this up for someone doing a bit of work on a bus, hope this helps mate
will add to it soon

when it came time to lower the bus after alot of wise words from a few dskers (flip flop in general) i decided to go strait axle for ease.
did the usual, kit from burne(delux hunter)awsome stuff as long as you are running thin tyres.late model type 3 box with a late model split nose cone wide 5 drums

with the tranny mount being different in the early buses this is what i did. sure this a few other ways but i wanted to be able to go gack to o/g running gear if wanted or for next owner!!

had to do i bit of triming on the new nose cone to fit in

instead of going with the solid steel front gearbox mount i made one up with 5mm steel. cut like this ( i trimed alot of the bottom) with two hole drilled for the front of the nose cone mount to bolt too with a 5/6mm urathane (popoly?? i think as its a bit harder than polyurathane)buffer/spacer

i cut out a 12mm by 5mm section in the bottom of the tranny tunnel so i could fit a spanner in there to do up the nylon nuts when i fitted the box in but relised later i should have mounted the plate to the nose cone with the bolts in and then did it up while fitting gearbox

will take a pic tomorrow mystery man to show you...scott
resinmonkey
DSKer

Post by resinmonkey »

i'd like to see the finished item scotty -when your ready......! 8)